Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I love you

Hey!!

I've been thinking a lot about those three words and the effect they have.
I'm not one to show a lot of emotions, even though I'm a very emotional person.
I'm a very private person, I don't share my inner thoughts and feelings with just about anyone.
I don't think I've said I love you to my dad til this year. It's not that I didn't love him before.. but I think it's because now I feel comfortable with saying it.

Isn't it weird though.. how three words can mean so much just because just those three words happens to stand next to each other. If you take a away the "I" and the "you".. the word "love" in itself is very powerful. But it's when it's added with "I" and "you" that it gains even more strength and meaning.

This year God has taught me what it means to love someone, to look past flaws and things that can annoy and see the person. I've been able to do that in the past in some ways but not totally until now. And for that I'm forever thankful. Through that the love I get back is amazing.. I never thought someone could love me and be able to not only show it but to put it into words.

It's easy to forget to say it, show it and take it for granted. I think most of you have heard the song "If tomorrow never comes" (here sung by Ronan Keating) I don't like playing the "what if" game but let's do it.. just because.

What if.. something happens.. do your family know that you love them?
Do your friends? Have you told that special someone lately?

If not.. what's stopping you from telling them?

Just wondering..


God bless!!

Nilla

No comments:

Post a Comment