Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why worry?

This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I've been known to worry, overthink, overanalyze and some of it to no end. It always ended with me reading into things way way too much and it wasn't other people makeing me insecure. I did it to myself - with some help from a certain someone. (satan) He was feeding me thoughts like  "Are you sure he/she meant it that way? It could be like this you know.." and "What.. no hug.. no kiss at the end of the text.. does he really love you?"
Instead of thinking about what he (my boyfriend) really said, I could think about what he didn't say or do and that had me worry. For NO reason at all - how messed up is that??

This passed Sunday I got a text from my boyfriend saying "went to the ER after a EP-attack, will text as soon as I can" I just started to pray, asking God to be with him, the doctors and everyone involved. And I felt such peace. Of course I waited for an update, but I didn't get one. I went to bed, a bit uneasy.. but I thought to myself - God is in control. I fell asleep and I checked my cellphone first thing - nothing. I thought "They  kept him overnight" but I didn't hear anything at all on Monday. But I didn't worry, I didn't freak out like I could have done. I prayed again and left it all with God.

I checked the phone this morning and still nothing.. but I got a text from him around 12am.

With the help of God I was able to stay calm, not worry and freak out. Sure I did check my cellphone every hour just in case I had missed something. But that as minor compared to what it could have been.

Me trusting God has been a long journey - and it's far from over. But I've taken a few steps forward - and that makes me smile and I'm sure God is smiling and maybe thinking - finally! =D


Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Since God has promised us to take care of us, to take our hands and walks with us. Then why should we fear, He is there, by our side. He even says: "not to harm you"
Note that this isn't a promise that we will never go through times of problems or rough times. But He has promised to be with us through the rough times, something I think that we tend to forget way too easy. We're very quick to say "God where are you?" instead of "Ok, God - help me, strengthen me and help me to remember that You are here with me".

This is something that I need to learn and remember... and like they say - the first step is to recognize the problem.

Feels like I've just rambled here.. and if I'm talking just to myself.. so be it. =)

God bless and take care!
Love,
Nilla

No comments:

Post a Comment