Friday, September 16, 2011

Motivation - can that be selfprovided?

When I started working again after the summer vacation I were filled with motivation and were excited to meet the new kids. Now the new kids are all settled and all of a sudden we're in the middle of September.


My joy didn't last that long though and soon the motivation went away. The reason, we're getting a new kid. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but when don't have the room for one more and when all the reasons we can think of are just denied and we're met with "This is how it is, like it or not." It's just draining. It's like I can't influence my own working situation - no matter what I say or do.


That's true to an extent though - while I may not be able to change the outer circumstances; more kids, not being allowed to get new stuff, not allowed to get a temp for the day in case of sickness among us. I CAN control one thing - my attitude.


I can choose to see everything in black - and I do sometimes. But I can also choose to focus on the kids and why I'm doing the work I do. Why I love the work I do. It's not easy to do that at the moment though.


 I've often said - I got no motivation to do that right now. But the more I think of it, isn't that something I provide myself - with the way I think. I can think "Ugh not now" or "I'll just do it and be done with it".


Sure - motivation can be taken away - but only if I allow it to be.


God bless,
Nilla

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. I believe motivation, like happiness, is a choice. We can choose to do, or be so, or we cannot. Great thoughts! :)

    Blessings,
    D

    ReplyDelete